When did he stop treating you like a princess?
Domestic violence and abuse can happen to anyone, but the vast majority of victims are young girls and women simply because they are “the weaker sex”.
Did you know:
- On average, 2 women a week are killed by a current or former male partner. This constitutes nearly 40% of all female homicide victims.
- 45% of women are abused/raped by current husbands or partners, 9% by former partners, and a further 29% of perpetrators were otherwise known to the victim. Only 17% are attacked by by strangers.
- 44% of victims of domestic violence are involved in more than one incident. A large number of women experience the same abuse every week.
- On average, a woman is assaulted 35 times before her first call to the police.
- 30% of domestic violence either starts or will intensify during pregnancy.
- In almost 75% of incidents, a child is present or in a room closeby.
THIS HAS GOT TO STOP. IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE THIS WAY.
It’s time to show the world that we are not weak and we will simply not stand for this kind of ill treatment. Women should be treated as princesses, like Ariel and Cinderella, who never have to live in fear of their so-called Prince Charming.
It’s time to stand up. To speak out. To be heard.
Women’s domestic abuse/violence helplines (worlwide):
- Women’s Aid/National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
- EB Women’s Aid: 0800 0852 654
- Refuge: 020 7395 7713
- Wales Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0808 80 10 800
- Women’s Aid Federation (Northern Ireland): 0800 917 1414
- National Centre for Domestic Violence: 0844 8044 999
- WDA Helpline: 0161 636 7525
- Rape Crisis support: 0808 802 9999
- Relate: 0300 100 1234
- Kiran Asian women’s aid: 020 8558 1986
- Independent Choices: 0161 636 7525
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 or 1-800-787-3224
- DAHMW: 1-888-743-5754
- Safe Horizon for DA/V: 800.621.HOPE (4673)
- Safe Horizon for Rape: 212.227.3000
- Love Is Respect: 1-866-331-9474
- National Teen Dating abuse/violence:
866-331-9474 or 866-331-8453
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network): 1-800-656-4673
- White Ribbon: 02 9045 8444
- National Sexual Assault/Family/Domestic hotline: 1800 737 732
- LifeLine: 13 11 14
- The Women’s Domestic Violence Crisis Service:
(03) 9322 3555 or STD Freecall 1800 015 188
- Sexual Assault Crisis Line: 1800 806 292
- Domestic Violence Victoria, AUS: 9921 0828
- DVConnect Womensline - Queensland: 1800 811 811
OTHER/MORE - some repeats:
- National Child Abuse Helpline: 1-800-422-4453
- National Domestic Violence Crisis Line: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (TDD): 1-800-787-32324
- Center for the Prevention of School Violence: 1-800-299-6504
- Child Abuse Helpline: 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453)
- Domestic Violence Helpline: 1-800-548-2722
- Healing Woman Foundation (Abuse): 1-800-477-4111
- Child Abuse Hotline Support & Information: 1-800-792-5200
- Women’s Aid National Domestic Violence Helpline: (UK Only) 0345 023 468
- Sexual Abuse Centre: (UK Only) 0117 935 1707
- Sexual Assault Support (24/7, English & Spanish): 1-800-223-5001
- Domestic & Teen Dating Violence (English & Spanish): 1-800-992-2600
- Relationships Australia: 1300-364-277
- Criminal Law Advice Line: 020 7251 8887
Let’s put a stop to women’s domestic violence and abuse - FULL STOP.
If you’re being treated in a way you know isn’t right, pick up the phone and get help. And get out. IT IS NEVER TOO LATE FOR YOUR HAPPILY EVER AFTER. IT’S TIME TO CHANGE.
If in need of immediate help from abuse/violence, call the police (999/911 etc).
We’re in this together.
"When did he stop treating you like a princess?"/It doesn’t have to be this way - DISCLAIMER: I do not own these images. Courtesy of Saint Hoax.
FIND OUT MORE HERE.
REBLOG AND SPREAD THE WORD. NOW.
GET REBLOGGING PEOPLE.
please please reblog this.
This should be reblogged by everyone. Even if you’re straight, you should be a supporter.
whether youre a fan of lady gaga or macklemore or whoever else its people like them who fight for our generation to live in a better world and i think sometimes everyone just needs to stop and appreciate that this is happening right now and the world is actually changing for better
this is the most romantic thing i’ve seen all day
No shit. That tom cat was like:
"This thorn invested wall means nothing."
"I will gladly walk on it a thousand times over, if that means I could be with you, my lady."
and the lady cat was all:
"My brave darling."
OOOPS MY HAND SLIPPED!!
Suddenly my muse insisted me to draw the personification version of the last pic, and who am I to reject inspiration when it comes so willingly to me? At least this will help with the artblock issue I currently have to deal with.
Russian imperial era inspired because hot damn.
Note: I tried google reverse image (and other reverse image search engines) those photos and came up with nothing. I wish I knew the original photographer because I want to love hug him/her so hard for capturing such inspiring moments.
OMG that’s the cutest thing ever and the best courtly love ah so brilliant.
Few romantic heroes could do better.
I don’t post cats often but that illustration.
"One day in the subway, James saw a red cat with a wound to the leg that likely resulted from a fight with another cat. It was obvious that the cat needed help. James could not pass and took the cat to the vet. With a little medical treatment and prescription drugs, the cat quickly recovered. At that point, James found it impossible to say goodbye to Street Cat Bob. Bob followed James everywhere he went. As James played the guitar on the street and Bob sat nearby, revenues increased dramatically. People found it difficult to pass when they looked at the cute kitty. James went on to write a book describing their adventures in the street which was full of life – both dramatic and comedic. In the book, James says that he could not have imagined how meeting Bob would change his life. His friendship with the cat healed him from a life that had been very hard. Most likely, if Bob could speak, he would say the same thing.”
Um, so here is a book I am going to go BUY… NOW.
Can we talk?
Specifically about this guy:
He’s the best part of the All About That Base video by Meghan Trainor
So much so that I went through the entire video
And made a gif
of every single
scene he is in
if only because
I can’t get enough of it!
Didn’t think so.
EDIT: Turns out it’s this guy. Thanks for helping me find my new favorite dancer, Internet!
HES SO SASSY
HS SOUCH A GOID DANCER
HE F’UCKING DID THE S[PLITS THATS INCREDIBLE
I am not Mike Brown. I am white. I am middle class. I am female. I am small. I am not considered a threat. When police see me they see someone who looks like them. They see their mothers, their daughters, their sisters, themselves. I am not at risk of being shot by police for existing while black. I am not at risk of being shot while unarmed. I am not at risk of being shot while armed with nothing more than a BB gun. I am not at risk of being shot for reaching for my wallet. I am privileged.
But I am outraged. And if you aren’t outraged, then you aren’t paying attention. This is America in 2014. This is our reality. It’s so easy to get jaded and to ignore these atrocities, to act like this doesn’t affect us. It’s so easy to get apathetic. In the past it was the youth who protested. Where is the rage of the youth? Where is our rage?
Like I said, I am not Mike Brown. But I am outraged.
can this be shown like at the beginning and ending of commercial breaks or something? just, often and endlessly repeated.
I can’t stress how important this is and how religions or ideas should not justify taking away basic human rights